Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Jackson Wedding


I'm not a wedding photographer. I'm not against it and perhaps one day I will be one. Right now it is simply not my passion (I like to photograph abandoned buildings), I'm not all that experienced in the genre (I've only photographed a few weddings), and not many offers come in. But every once in a blue moon, because I am a photographer, I do get asked to photograph a wedding. Sometimes I oblige and sometimes I suggest someone else.

A couple weeks ago I did oblige. I was asked to photograph the Jackson wedding. It was actually a vow-renewal on their 10-year anniversary. Since they didn't have a traditional wedding ceremony when they were married, they decided to do it on their anniversary. The ceremony was in their back yard.

The wedding was in the early evening, just before sunset--the sun disappeared as the ceremony ended. It was a beautiful day, as good as it gets for the time of the year. The atmosphere happy and relaxed.

There was a reception on-site after the ceremony. Friends, family, food, fun--the words that would best describe it. The bride and groom had their dance and shared some cake.

In between the ceremony and reception I did some family portraits. Overall I captured over 750 exposures, and delivered 131 finished images to the Jackson family.

I used a Nikon D3300 DSLR. I brought two lenses: a Nikkor 40mm AF-S DX f/2.8G Micro and a Nikkor 55-200mm AF-S DX f/4-5.6G ED.The 40mm lens was used for most of the exposures. Post-processed was accomplished using only Alien Skin Exposure 7 software. In this post are 50 photographs from the wedding.


















































No comments:

Post a Comment