Tuesday, December 9, 2014

News: Alien Skin Exposure 7 Released

Exposure 6
Alien Skin has just released the latest version of their film-emulation and image post-processing software Exposure. I posted back on October 24th that Exposure 7 would be available this month. And here it is!

So what's so great about it? Well, Exposure allows me to achieve the look that I want quickly, easily and accurately. Hands down, it is the best post-processing software that I've ever used. I cannot say enough about it. If you grew up in the days of film you'll especially appreciate it.

What version seven has that version six does not is RAW support for most camera makes and models. Don't have Lightroom? No problem. Don't own Photoshop? So what! While Exposure can be used as a plug-in for those programs, it can also be used all by itself. It can be used instead of those (quite expensive) Adobe products.
Light Rays - Stallion Springs, California
Post-processed using Alien Skin Exposure 6.
There are other improvements found in the new version, as well. For example, Exposure 7 has 13 new "films" that are not found in version six.

Those who purchased Exposure 6 are being given a free upgrade to the new version. Let me repeat: Exposure 7 is free for those who purchase Exposure 6. Wow! I've never heard of another company doing this. It speaks volumes about what Alien Skin thinks of their customers.

If you are curious, you can download Exposure 7 for free (the full software) and try it for two weeks. If you don't think it's worth the $150 price tag, simply uninstall it from your computer. For me, Exposure has become an integral part of my photography.

I just downloaded version seven onto my computer today, so stay tuned for a full review of the software in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment