Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Sunset At The Bench - Stallion Springs, California

Sea of Clouds At Sunset - Stallion Springs, California
There's a great little place near my home called "the bench" that I like to photograph at. A few days ago I saw that the sunset was going to be nice so I grabbed my camera and headed over there.

When I arrived I found that fog was covering the Central Valley below. On a clear day you can see The Grapevine and even beyond that. It was a sea of clouds instead. But that made for an unusual scene.

What's interesting about these photographs is the changing light and color. Only four minutes pass between the first and last frame, yet there is a noticeable difference between them.

I used a Nikon D3300 DSLR to capture these. The lens attached tot he front of the camera was a Nikkor 40mm AF-S DX f/2.8 Micro.
Sunset, Clouds, Earth - Stallion Springs, California
Volcanic Sky - Stallion Springs, California
Captured one minute after the top image. It looks identical at first, but upon close inspection you can see the subtle changes.
Sunset & Sea of Clouds - Stallion Springs, California
Red At Night - Stallion Springs, California
Rock, Clouds, Sky - Stallion Springs, California

No comments:

Post a Comment