Saturday, August 8, 2015

A Trip To The Park (With A Nikkor 18-55mm Lens)

Brother & Sister Sliding - Stallion Springs, California
Back in June I mentioned that I purchased a new lens: a Nikkor 18-55mm AF-S DX f/3.5-5.6G ED II. I wanted to try out the lens and put it through the test. I wanted to find out the strong points and weak points of the glass. So I took my kids to a local park and brought along my new lens (attached to the front of my Nikon D3300 DSLR). I'll have a full review of the lens shortly.

At the park my kids had fun playing on the slides and riding their bikes. What kid doesn't love playing at the park?! We had a good time.

If you have photographic vision, even a trip to the local park with your kids can be a photographically worthwhile trip. The location isn't nearly as important as the light and photographer's creativity. The ordinary can be made extraordinary by the photographer.

The lens did a fine job. A cheap lens on a cheap camera is no problem. Either you can craft great photographs or you cannot. If you can craft great photographs, it makes no difference what camera you use because you'll craft that great photograph with whatever camera you have in your hand. If you cannot craft great photographs, it makes no difference what camera you use because your photograph will be poor using whatever camera you have in your hand. It's the photographer that matters, not the gear.
Boy Riding His Bike - Stallion Springs, California
Sagebrush - Stallion Springs, California
Circles And Lines In Monochrome - Stallion Springs, California
Three Steps In The Sand - Stallion Springs, California
Infrared Boy - Stallion Springs, California

No comments:

Post a Comment