Friday, August 7, 2015

August 7th - A Look Back On The Roesch Photography Blog

The Cross At The Corner - Tehachapi, California 
Last year my post on August 7th was entitled Roadside Memorials & Respect. It's a rant about how some people don't have respect or care for those who are grieving. It was a part of my Perilous Journey project.

Two years ago my post on August 7th was entitled Reminder of What Is Important In Photography (Is It The Camera?). In that post I typed:
An author friend of mine said, "I grew up being told, 'It's not the arrows, it's the indian.'" In other words, it's not the camera, it's the photographer that makes a photograph great.
Three Green Leaves - Tehachapi, California



Three years ago my post on August 7th was entitled Thought of The Day: Canon or Nikon? In that post I said, "Either you can create great photographs no matter the equipment or you can't create great photographs no matter the equipment. Camera manufacturers, camera stores and photography magazines want you to believe that you need so-called 'professional' equipment to create 'professional' images, but that is simply not true. Don't get caught up into this. Vision is what is important, not equipment. No camera or lens will ever make you a better photographer."

Three years. Same day. Three different posts. It's interesting to look back. Thanks for joining me on this little exercise!

No comments:

Post a Comment