Saturday, August 15, 2015

Photographing Tall Grass In The Yard

Summer Country Feeling - Stallion Springs, California
Each spring tall grass grows in my yard. In the summer it turns a yellowish-tan color. Most people would mow it down. Me? I grab a camera.

To me the grass represents a feeling. I'm reminded of the long summer days as a child. I think of friends and exploring adventures--playing and being free. I would search for shapes in the clouds while laying on the ground. It's a warm feeling. But it's also fading memories.

A bunch of different cameras were used to capture these images, including a Nikon D3300, Sigma DP2 Merrill and Samsung NX200. Does it matter which were used for what? Nope, because vision is what's important in photography, not gear. All of the images in this post were captured in my yard.
Rain Tease - Stallion Springs, California
Summer Grass - Stallion Springs, California
Endless Summer Wish - Stallion Springs, California
Summer Leap - Stallion Springs, California
Country Wood - Stallion Springs, California
Adventure of Summer Youth - Stallion Springs, California

No comments:

Post a Comment