Thursday, August 27, 2015

Sunsets Captured From My Yard

The Sun Has Set - Stallion Springs, California
California is known for its great sunsets. They can be breathtaking! And my home in the Tehachapi Mountains has been a great place to view them.

The sunset photographs in this post were all captured from my home. For many of them I was standing in my yard. For some I was in the empty field right across the street from my property. I was never further than a stone's throw from my place for any of them.

This proves that you don't have to travel to capture great images. Look around where you live for photographic opportunities. Keep an open eye and an open mind for subjects that are right around you.

Great sunsets don't happen every day. Typically there are only one or two per month worth photographing. Sometimes you get lucky and there might be a handful in one month. However, if you are not out with your camera in hand when the sun is going down you will not photograph any of them. You may have to sit through a bunch of underwhelming sunsets before capturing a great one.

For some of these sunsets I had my camera in hand waiting for the color and light show to begin, and it just seemed as though it wouldn't happen. Then, just as I was about to give up, for a brief moment the sky went crazy and I was able to capture something beautiful. Sometimes you have to be patient. As the saying goes, never give up on a sunset.
A Sunset In June - Stallion Springs, California
Striped Sunset - Stallion Springs, California
A September Sunset - Stallion Springs, California
Rays of Hope - Stallion Springs, California
The Sunset - Stallion Springs, California
An August Sunset - Stallion Springs, California
Summer Sunset - Stallion Springs, California
Summer Solstice Sunset - Stallion Springs, California
Summer Grass - Stallion Springs, California
Stallion Springs Sunset - Stallion Springs, California
Sunset, California - Stallion Springs, California

No comments:

Post a Comment