Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Vintage: My Kids At The Beach - South Carlsbad State Beach, California

Three Kids In The Water - Carlsbad, California
For my son's sixth birthday we took him to Legoland in Carlsbad, California. As part of that trip we went to the beach to let the kids splash and play. I had with me a Nikon D3300 DSLR with a Nikkor 40mm AF-S DX f/2.8G Micro lens attached, so I captured some images of them.

The beach that we found was the South Carlsbad State Beach, and we parked right at the north end of it. A short walk brought us to a sandy shore, with the waves not far away. It wasn't crowded and turned out to be a great spot.

The kids had fun running in and out of the ocean water. The waves were just right for them--not too big. They explored the beach and had a blast! The weather was just about perfect, and if it was slightly warm the cool water balanced it out.

When we were finished the kid's clothes were wet and their feet full of sand. Thankfully we had a change of clothes ready for them.

I made these images look vintage, as if they were captured with film instead of a digital camera. I accomplished this using Alien Skin Exposure 7 software. It was quick and super easy, and the photographs look just as I wanted them to.
Beach Explorers - Carlsbad, California
Ocean Excitement - Carlsbad, California
A Pacific Girl - Carlsbad, California
Rushing - Carlsbad, California
Ocean Jump - Carlsbad, California
Incoming Wave - Carlsbad, California
Rushing In - Carlsbad, California

No comments:

Post a Comment