Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Give Someone The Gift of Photography!


We're a couple of days away from Thanksgiving. Black Friday follows that (although many stores begin Black Friday on Thursday evening). This is the time when many people begin their Christmas shopping.

I don't like Christmas shopping because I hate crowded stores. Black Friday, especially, is nothing short of nuts. A couple of years ago I discovered that retailers offer the same deals online as they do in the stores, only you don't have to leave the house. Oh, and the sales begins at Eastern Standard Time and, since I'm on the west coast, I have access to the savings before those who are out waiting in the cold for the place to even open. They're out there trying to keep warm, waiting in a ridiculously long line, while I'm in bed sleeping with my shopping complete.

Another problem that I frequently encounter is finding gifts that people actually like. A lot of the junk sold in stores are things that the recipients will return the day after Christmas. It's hard to find a quality, thoughtful and unique gifts that people actually want.

One gift idea that meets all of this criteria--quality, thoughtful and unique that people actually want and you don't have to leave your house--is photography. Give someone art that they'll proudly hang on their walls. Give them a photograph! An aluminum print or canvas print especially will be an eye-catching piece.

On my website (roeschphotography.com) I have a webstore where high-quality prints can be purchased. I use Bay Photo Labs (one of the best photo labs in the world) to do the printing work.

My webstore is divided into galleries: Landscapes & Nature, Abandonment, Railroad, Still Life, Impressions and Urban. Within each gallery are many different photographs available to be purchased, and they can be printed in a number of different ways. No matter what someone's decor style is, there is surely an image that will fit perfectly in their home.

Do yourself a favor and do your Christmas shopping from home. Do your friends and family a favor and give them the gift of photography. Do me a favor and shop from website. It's a win-win-win!

No comments:

Post a Comment