Thursday, December 10, 2015

Snow

ICY - Tehachapi, California
There's a chance of snow tonight where I live. I'm at 4,000' elevation in the mountains in central California. Typically the nearby peaks will get a good amount of white, cold powder, but not too much will stick in the valleys.

I don't think there will be much snowfall with this storm. There will be plenty of moisture, but it won't quite get cold enough. I'd be surprised if there is any accumulation at my house.

About a month ago there was a similar system that moved through and left a small dusting of snow on the ground. I captured a few exposures before it melted away. I used a Sony RX100 II, and post-processed the photographs using Phase One Capture One Express and Alien Skin Exposure 7.
Winter Ranch - Stallion Springs, California
When Autumn Turns To Winter - Stallion Springs, California

3 comments:

  1. I don't comment much, but I'm like a creeper I guess :)

    Not only do I enjoy your images but your almost daily blogging is quite wonderful, just wanted to let you know I appreciate your lifes stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thanks! I enjoy making this blog, and I'm glad that others enjoy it, as well. I appreciate the encouragement! --Ritchie Roesch

      Delete
  2. I don't comment much, but I'm like a creeper I guess :)

    Not only do I enjoy your images but your almost daily blogging is quite wonderful, just wanted to let you know I appreciate your lifes stories.

    ReplyDelete