Wednesday, December 30, 2015

The 10 Most Popular Roesch Photography Blog Posts of 2015


As 2015 comes to a close, here's a look at the most viewed posts on the Roesch Photography Blog published over the last 12 months. 

#10: Vintage: My Kids At The Beach - South Carlsbad State Beach, California
Rushing - Carlsbad, California
We took our kids to the beach after a visit to Legoland. And, of course, I had a DSLR with me to capture it all. I gave the images a vintage look in post-processing, as if they had been captured on film a few decades ago. This post was published on September 22nd. 

#9: California's Central Coast - Pismo Beach, Avila Beach, Morro Bay & San Luis Obispo
Sunset At Morro Rock - Morro Bay, California
A weekend trip to the coast in February yielded some of my all-time favorite photographs, including Sunset At Morro Rock, which is probably my favorite color photograph. This post was published on March 25th.

1956 Chevy Bel Air At Cameron's Dairy - Tehachapi, California
Flickr can sort your photographs based on "interestingness" and I shared what they rated as my best five. This was published on September 4th.

Pacific Dudes - Avila Beach, California
I explain a good method for researching digital cameras using resources available on the web. I also explain that gear doesn't matter to photography. This was published on September 30th.

Little, Big - San Luis Obispo, California
Some different people asked me what settings I used on my Nikon D3300, so I explained what camera settings I used (and why) in this post. It was published on April 3rd.

Zebras Below The Castle - San Simeon, California
I captured over 600 exposures on one fully-charged battery during a weekend trip to the coast, and still had enough charge for probably another 100 frames. Amazing! I published this article on March 24th. 

#4: Interview With Alien Skin's Jimmy Beech
Glacier Point Infrared - Yosemite National Park, California
It's not every day that I have the opportunity to interview someone within the photography industry. This is one of my favorite posts just for that reason. This was published on August 1st.

#3: Awesomeness: Anything Can Be - Bringing Hope To Kids With Cancer 
Rae and Unicorn by Jonathan Diaz
This is a great heartwarming story about a photographer bringing joy to kids going through a tough situation. My daughter loves the photograph above. I published this article on September 4th.

#2: Thoughts: Nikon D7200, D5500 or D3300?


A pointless post about gear. I don't like these kind of articles, but they're requested often and are usually very popular. This was published on March 3rd.

#1: Get 8 Free Custom-Made Alien Skin Exposure 7 Film Presets!
Tree In The Meadow - Yosemite National Park, California
Who doesn't like free stuff? I created eight presets for Alien Skin Exposure 7 software and made them available to everyone for free. Cool, right?! I published this post on June 26th.

No comments:

Post a Comment