Monday, January 25, 2016

Commuting: Part 4 - Antelope Valley In Monochrome

Thorns - Palmdale, California
Part 1 Part 2 Part 3

I took a couple month break from this series because of the holidays and a move. I've been busy. But now I'm ready to complete the last three parts.

In case you are new to the Roesch Photography Blog or you missed first three posts in this series, I am publishing photographs captured on my daily commute route. Or what was my commute up until a month ago. I was commuting 70 miles each way to my "day job" but now I live a little closer. Soon I am moving to Salt Lake City, Utah, so I won't be traversing this path again.

In the first half of this series I took you from my home near Tehachapi, California to my work in Palmdale through color photographs. The second half, beginning with this post, is from work back to home through black-and-white photographs.

All of these images were captured along (what was) my typical commute route. Most of these were photographed while I was traversing to or from work, although not all were (but all were captured along the route). I bunch of different cameras were used, including a Sigma DP2 Merrill, Nokia Lumia 1020, and a Nikon D3300. Gear isn't what's important, vision is.
Rene Rios - Palmdale, California
Tree Branch - Palmdale, California
Stealth Flight - Palmdale, California
Air - Palmdale, California
Dilapidated Lancaster Home - Lancaster, California
Abandoned Couch - Lancaster, California
Dog & Butterfly - Lancaster, California
Leaning Joshua - Rosamond, California
Rainy Day In The Desert - Rosamond, California
Joshua Tree Flowers - Rosamond, California
Lake Front Property - Rosamond, California
Wall Shadows - Rosamond, California
Industry Deserted - Rosamond, California
Bolt, Burnt - Rosamond, California
Three Eaves - Rosamond, California
Abandoned Monkey Onesie - Rosamond, California
View of Yesterday's Tomorrow - Rosamond, California
Shelvador - Rosamond, California
Half Cup - Rosamond, California
Unwanted Joy - Rosamond, California
We Will Deliver - Rosamond, California
The Train Meet - Rosamond, California
Covered Hoppers - Mojave, California
Desert Hoppers - Mojave, California
Train In The Desert - Mojave, California
Knob - Mojave, California
The Face In The Mask - Mojave, California
Messy Shed - Mojave, California
Window, Three Shadows - Mojave, California
Divine Window - Mojave, California
Ghosts of the Past - Mojave, California
Joshua Roof - Mojave, California
Shadows of Abandonment - Mojave, California
Cactus, House - Mojave, California
Memories of a Sunny Day - Mojave, California
Light From Above - Mojave, California
Hallway - Mojave, California
Old Plumbing - Mojave, California
Broken Gate, Broken Home - Mojave, California
Forgotten Cans - Mojave, California
Soledad Mountain - Mojave, California
Joshua Trees - Mojave, California
Joshua Tree Desert - Mojave, California
Dale Detjen - Mojave, California

No comments:

Post a Comment