Sunday, March 20, 2016

Impressions: California Wildflowers

Hillside Wildflower Blossoms
I posted last week about an adventure I had to Tejon Ranch to photograph California's epic wildflower blossom. I wanted to cap off that post with this one. I've turned a few of the photos from that trip into images for my Impressions series.

What does that mean? Well, I use Alien Skin Snap Art 4 software to transform an "ordinary" photograph into a painterly image. I call this "impressions" after impressionist paintings. The images look like oil-on-canvas.

It's a fun way to transform a photograph into something else entirely, giving it a whole new life. The original image and the painterly image look and feel a little different from each other. They might seem very similar and they may originate from the same digital file, but they are not the same.

Sometimes I even like the Impressions image more than the photograph that it originated from.

Today is the first day of spring. Why not celebrate the start of the most vibrant season with colorful images? It seems appropriate on this day to post photographs of blossomed flowers. Enjoy!
California Wildflowers
Field of Wildflowers
Field of Bloom

No comments:

Post a Comment