Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Impressions Series Update

Red Umbrella
I've created some more images for my Impressions series, where I take photographs and turn them into faux oil paintings using Alien Skin Snap Art software. I get the name from impressionist painters (specifically, Claude Monet's Impression, Sunrise), although not all of my images would fall into the impressionism genre.

Some images look more like paintings than others. Some photographs I want to take away the "photo" look, while other photographs I want to simply make look just a bit painterly. A different subtlety is applied to each image.

I used a Sony RX100 II to capture Red Umbrella. The other images were captured using a Panasonic Lumix ZS40. However, it really doesn't matter what camera I used because any camera will do. Gear choice is especially unimportant for this series.
Over The Color Hill
In A Tehachapi Meadow
Spring Rock
Beyond The Wildflower Meadow
An Early Spring In The Tehachapi Mountains

No comments:

Post a Comment