Friday, May 27, 2016

Announcement: Utah Family Adventures! (Plus Some Updates)

Blue Mountain - Huntsville, Utah
I'm getting settled into our new home in Utah, and, while I haven't had much time for post-processing pictures, I have had plenty of time to contemplate all of the changes going on in my life.

I've been doing the Roesch Photography Blog for over five years. It amazes me that I've been able to write fresh and original material for so long--it's not been an easy task! I'm looking forward to what this blog has in store in the future; however, expect some changes. It's going to feature fewer personal pictures and stories, and it will focus more on philosophy and gear. And it will be updated less frequently (than before I moved), with one to three posts per week.

Thank you for being a part of this blog! Thank you for your patience throughout all of this. I hope that you find the changes to be positive.



Here's the big announcement: Utah Family Adventures! It's a journal of my family's adventures as we explore our new state. This is where you'll find my personal pictures and stories. Come along with us as we explore new places, eat at new restaurants, visit new parks and museums, and journey through the state that proclaims "Life Elevated" on their licence plates. It should be fun, interesting and educational!

If you live in Utah (or know someone who lives here), plan to visit Utah, or just think it's a good idea, be sure to follow Utah Family Adventures (click the link, then type your email address under "Follow By Email" on the right side of the page and click "Submit"--I promise no spam!). It's going to be a lot of fun and you won't want to miss out!

You might be wondering where this all stems from. I'm focusing (pun unintended) more on photographing my family. I want pictures to bring us closer, and also to preserve our memories. I've been doing this already, but I want to emphasize it more moving forward. I will continue to capture other things (landscapes, street, urban exploration, etc.)--that won't change--just that I'll be intentionally making my family a higher photographic priority than in the past. And I'm sharing the family adventures in a different place.

1 comment: