Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Photoessay: Downtown Salt Lake City, Part 1: Monochrome

South On Main Street - Salt Lake City, Utah
Salt Lake City has a pretty cool downtown. It's a mix of new and old, trendy and traditional--there are contrasts of all sorts. There are tons of different shops, restaurants, museums, etc. It's a great place to visit, and it's a great place to photograph.

Living a short distance from downtown allows me the opportunity to capture it. One such chance came up a week and a half ago. I drove downtown and then walked around the City Creek Mall, went a little inside Temple Square, and traversed beneath the skyscrapers. I brought along with me my Fuji X-E1 with an 18-55mm lens attached.

Over about an hour and forty five minutes I captured a number of exposures. It was a mix of architectural photographs, "cityscapes" and street images. I'm posting the black-and-white images in this article, and the color images in Part 2.

Going downtown was a lot of fun. There were interesting sights to see and plenty to point my camera towards. I feel like I've barely scratched the surface of what one can experience downtown and the photographic potential of this location. I'm looking forward to returning many times in the future.

Part 2
Walker Center - Salt Lake City, Utah
Urban Reflection - Salt Lake City, Utah
Abstract Window - Salt Lake City, Utah
Macy's In Monochrome - Salt Lake City, Utah
Holes In The Roof - Salt Lake City, Utah
Don't Text & Bike - Salt Lake City, Utah
Could Should - Salt Lake City, Utah
Shops - Salt Lake City, Utah
Steps & Shadows - Salt Lake City, Utah
Urban View - Salt Lake City, Utah
Mall Reflection - Salt Lake City, Utah
A Downtown Building - Salt Lake City, Utah
Skylight Lines - Salt Lake City, Utah
Urban Curve Monochrome - Salt Lake City, Utah
Behind The Lines - Salt Lake City, Utah

No comments:

Post a Comment