Thursday, August 11, 2016

Photoessay: Temple Square - Salt Lake City, Utah

Temple Square Blossoms - Salt Lake City, Utah
On the same afternoon as my visit to the Salt Lake City Public Library Downtown Branch, I also visited Temple Square. This is one of the biggest tourist attractions in Salt Lake City, and I'd never been, so I walked the grounds.

Temple Square is to Mormonism what The Vatican is to Catholicism. But not nearly as grand. It still has impressive architecture and beautiful grounds. I can see that there are definitely photographic opportunities at this location.

I was there in the middle of the day when the lighting wasn't great for photography. My Fuji X-E1 handled the harsh light like a champ. These are all out-of-camera JPEGs from my quick visit. I was only there for about 30 minutes--it was really hot and crowded. I'll have to come back another time to capture even better images.
Inside A Mormon Tabernacle - Salt Lake City, Utah
Beautiful Blossoms - Salt Lake City, Utah
Two Blooms - Salt Lake City, Utah
Monochrome Leaves #1 - Salt Lake City, Utah
Monochrome Leaves #2 - Salt Lake City, Utah
Rail - Salt Lake City, Utah
Pipe Organ - Salt Lake City, Utah
A Temple Square View - Salt Lake City, Utah
Mormon Temple #1 - Salt Lake City, Utah
Mormon Temple #2 - Salt Lake City, Utah

No comments:

Post a Comment